Medical Unfit Reason in Defence Forces
1. There should be no hydrocele, varicocele or piles.
2. The candidate must be in good physical and mental health and free from any disease/disability.
3. There should be no evidence of weak constitution, bodily defects or over weight.
4. Chest should be healthy and minimum range of expansion after full inspiration should be 5 cms.
5. There should be no disease of bones and joints of the body.
6. A candidate should have no past history of mental breakdown or fits.
7. The hearing should be normal. A candidate should be able to hear a forced whisper with each ear at a distance of 610 cms. in a quiet room. There should be no evidence of present or past disease of the ear, nose and throat.
8. There should be no sign of functional or organic disease of the heart and blood vessel. Blood pressure should be normal.
9. The muscles of abdomen should be well developed and there should be no enlargement of liver or spleen. Any evidence of disease of internal organs of the abdomen will be a cause for rejection.
10. Un-operated hernias will make a candidate unfit. If operated, this should have been done at least 1 year prior to the present examination and healing is completed.
11. Any disease of the skin which is likely to cause disability or disfigurement will also be a cause for rejection.
12. A candidate should be able to read 6/6 in a distant vision chart with each eye with or without glasses. Myopia should not be more than 3.5D and hypermetropia not more than 3.5D including Astigmatism. For women candidates the minimum acceptable visual acuity are: Distant vision (corrected)better eye 6/6 worse 6/18, Myopia of not more than minus 5.5 including Astogination.
13. A candidate must have good binocular vision. The colour vision standard will be CP-III for Army A candidate should be able to recognise red and green colours.
14. Candidates who have undergone or have the evidence of having undergone Radial Keratotomy, to improve the visual acuity, will be permanently rejected.